I hate Winter. Not the season but the cold weather. If I had my way I would never see snow again… that is until I attended the opening of the coolest Winter experience I have ever seen, Lumina Borealis. From Dec 1st till Feb 4th Fort Henry in Kingston has been transformed into the most magical winter adventure you’ll ever witness. Think Frozen meets It’s A Wonderful Life. I didn’t think it would be possible for me to get excited about Winter, however, I think I may have just found my new annual Winter tradition. A trip to Kingston to experience the magic that is Lumina Borealis.
I don’t want to give too much away but I created a short 90-second video that captures about 10% of the magic I experienced at Lumina Borealis. Check it out, and remember in person it is even better!
Some things to keep in mind when you visit Lumina Borealis for yourself.
- Wear proper clothing and be prepared for some heavy wind gusts, it can be chilly there. Also where boots because it could be muddy
- Don’t drive, take the free shuttle from downtown that leaves every 15 minutes from in front of the Visitor Centre at 209 Ontario St. or the free shuttle from La Salle Secondary School at 773 Highway 15.
- Pre-purchase your tickets. They only allow 150 people through the gates every fifteen minutes so pre-purchase your ticket so you won’t be disappointed. This will sell out I am sure.
- Washrooms and snacks are available on site so don’t fret.
- Participate. Lumina Borealis is interactive and the more you get involved the better the experience it is.
Now, what are you waiting for? Get online and book your tickets to check out Lumina Borealis. This will become the coolest Winter attraction in all of Southern Ontario. Whether you are in Toronto, Peterborough or Ottawa you will not want to miss out and this adventure. You never know you may see me there again.